Talk

Advanced search

11 month /development-sleep

(3 Posts)
ACubed Mon 13-Feb-17 19:26:54

My eleven month old has just started walking and saying a few words, and as expected his sleep is suffering, but it's been weeks now and I just wondered if anyone has been through this.
He seems to just scream and cream at bedtime even when being held, and he tries to rest his head but then can't seem to sleep and cries again. A great day this lasts twenty mins, usually up to or over an hour. He's never been like this before and is fine once he's down, but I'm really struggling at the minute and it's starting to depress me. Does it sound like a developmental thing to you guys, and how long do they usually last? Tried leaving him just for a few minutes but it seems to exacerbate things.

user1477282676 Mon 13-Feb-17 23:58:26

Aw...it's hard isn't it! I remember both of mine doing this and I think it's just being extra tired. Have you tried taking him to bed slightly earlier? What naps is he having and what's his bedtime?

ACubed Tue 14-Feb-17 06:54:02

Yeah he seems to go from wide awake to over tired! Usually he has either a nap at 10/11 ish for just over an hour then half an hour at three if he's tired, then bedtime is about half six. Sometimes he'll just have one longer nap. It's just so disconcerting when he's crying while being cuddled I feel so helpless!
Thanks for the reply

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now