Talk

Advanced search

first shoes

(9 Posts)
burnsy555 Wed 28-Feb-07 13:14:26

I'm sure this one will have been covered before but I need some advice.13 month old dd is walking about 5-6 steps unaided or will walk further if you hold her hand.When should I go shopping for first proper shoes and where is the best place to go?

luciemule Wed 28-Feb-07 13:22:15

Hi - Clarks or startrite have cruisers and first walkers with really soft bottoms. They're really roomy and it means they can still feel with their toes as they move. They are pricey though but until they're properly walking outside, they seemed to last a good while. Really cute with nice colours too.

sparkymummy Wed 28-Feb-07 13:23:23

I'll be interested to see as I was starting to think about shoes too. I would have thought it would be when you want to put her down/get her to walk outside?? Lots of people I know go to Clarks as they measure them properly there, although my mum didn't like them for us and took us to Startright (I think thats what they were called as she thought shoes were better-that was nearly 30 years ago tho so might not even exhist now!lol)

Twiglett Wed 28-Feb-07 13:31:59

6 weeks after she's walking properly

Nemo2007 Wed 28-Feb-07 13:32:03

I wouldnt bother yet, only when she is walking when out or at toddler groups etc. If you want something on her feet then the soft little leather ones are best, my DD is 14mths and in the house thats all she wears even though she is walking properly.

Twiglett Wed 28-Feb-07 13:32:30

walking properly means making it across a room unaided

Nemo2007 Wed 28-Feb-07 13:34:09

I agree with twiglett,when you do go startrite or clarks tend to be ok depending on your local store staff.

burnsy555 Wed 28-Feb-07 15:16:48

Thanks for the advice guys. Think I'll wait a while until she's really steady on her feet.

UniSarah Wed 28-Feb-07 18:22:52

Local shoe maker says when they can walk across the shop. If you want them earlier than that for some reason ( like we do for a camping trip) he only puts half thickness sole on, then fits a full sole later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now