Talk

Advanced search

1 year jabs

(5 Posts)
MessyBun247 Sun 12-Feb-17 11:02:02

My DD (12.5 months) had her 1 year jabs 11 days ago. In the following days she was a bit grumpy, high temp on and off and not much of an appetite. However her sleep was ok.

The past 3 nights her sleep has been getting worse and worse, culminating in her waking every 20 minutes crying last night sad We co-sleep and once she latched on she would go back to sleep (although obviously not for very long). Nurofen and calpol arent helping and her form is fine during the day, albeit quite tired!

I know that around 10 days after the jabs the child can get a mini dose of measles, however DD isnt displaying any symptoms of this.

Did anyone elses DCs have really disrupted sleep a week or 2 after the jabs? Please tell me this is just a short phase! Although DD isnt sleeping solidly through yet her sleep is manageable, even when ill/development spurts/ teething. We at least get a few solid hours between wakenings.

Reassure me please!

GoesDownLikeACupOfColdSick Sun 12-Feb-17 16:29:34

My friend's baby did! Bad news - took about 6 weeks to get back to normal sleep. Good news - after that, totally fine.

Summerdays2014 Sun 12-Feb-17 19:44:16

My son had an awful reaction. High fever and illness the day after and then the week after really poorly with rash, another fever and awful, awful sleep. He would be ok at the start of the night but then wake and only settle in bed with me. It lasted about a week. Hope he's better soon.

MessyBun247 Sun 12-Feb-17 20:50:50

Thanks for the replies, glad to know its not just me. Hope we get back to normal soon and it doesnt last 6 weeks shock

We've had a miserable evening, very unsettled. Hope calpol helps tonight. Despite how exhausted I am Ive been dreading bedtime, in case we're up every 20 minutes again!

This too shall pass, this too shall pass, this too shall pass etc

Sandsnake Mon 13-Feb-17 20:05:33

Yes, my DS reacted quite badly too. Fever day after and then fever / diorrhoea / bad sleep for a few days about a week afterwards. Hope your DD feels better soon, it's rotten

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now