Talk

Advanced search

Potty training help

(3 Posts)
duckyisback Wed 08-Feb-17 17:45:54

I don't really know what to do!

Ds (was 2 in December) has recently started using the potty, I usually leave his nappy off at home and when he needs the toilet he will just run to his potty and go.

Might sound stupid, but what do I do next?

He doesn't really say when he needs to go, he just takes himself so can't wear pants/pull ups yet I think.

I know he's probably not ready to do anything else yet but I have no idea how you actually go from them using pottys to the toilet.

Any tips/advice?

Miloarmadillo1 Wed 08-Feb-17 17:52:38

Sounds like he is most of the way there by himself. Can he pull pants and trousers up and down? Maybe practise that bit then bite the bullet and put him in pants. Mine used a potty for quite a while because they just weren't big enough for the toilet, even with a step and insert. You need to lug the potty around for a bit (and a change of clothes) but the transition to a toilet is the easy bit!

duckyisback Wed 08-Feb-17 19:20:33

Thanks milo!

He hasn't quite got the hang of pulling trousers up and down yet but will start practicing. Have just been letting him run round with nothing on his bottom half so far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now