Talk

Advanced search

DS doesn't want to be friends with his friends anymore - is this normal?

(2 Posts)
notsoladyjess Tue 27-Feb-07 17:48:58

DS1 is nearly 3 and half. generally lovely boy, very clear on likes and dislikes (seems a bit obsessive about certain things but apparently this is normal).

anyway, he has a few really good friends at nursery and over the last few months he now says he doesn't want to be their friends anymore. It is awful as he just blanks them and doesn't want anything to do with them. They are now gutted (it is not a group but individuals he was inseparable with on different days).

i have asked him why he is not their friend and he just says 'i just don't want them anymore'.

i am really hoping this is normal behaviour but it is so upsetting. i keep thinking he will have no friends wen he grows up!!

am i being ridiculous?
does anyone else have this with their children?

massagemum Tue 27-Feb-07 21:10:01

I have dd4, dd3 & ds2 and they have all been through the same thing at different times.

Kids are really quite fickle when it comes to friends and it only takes a small thing for the 'friends' to be offended!!! I wouldn't worry as give them another couple of days and they will be best of friends again!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now