Talk

Advanced search

What age to switch from bottle to cup?

(7 Posts)
snoopyokay Sun 05-Feb-17 16:42:19

My DD is 11 months and still feeds from a bottle (teat 1) just wondering when I should be giving her milk from a cup instead and if anyone has any recommendations?

I have tried giving her water in a sippy cup thing but she just plays with it and ends up with water everywhere hmmsmile

eurochick Sun 05-Feb-17 17:21:09

We moved to a straw cup (oxo tot) around age 1 but she still had one bottle of milk before bed until she was around 2. Her grandad is a dentist and wasn't at all bothered about this.

snoopyokay Sun 05-Feb-17 17:45:46

Thanks Eurochick I might buy one of those they look pretty good!

welshweasel Sun 05-Feb-17 17:49:24

DS had been having morning and afternoon milk in a cup since 11 months. Still has a bottle at bed time. We use the munchkin miracle cups as they don't spill even when he waves it over his head.

BendingSpoons Sun 05-Feb-17 17:52:08

We have a Munchkin miracle cup but DD hasn't worked out how to use it! We also have a doidy cup but that is used supervised grin

SorrelSoup Sun 05-Feb-17 17:52:33

Switch to a bottle at bedtime only, then start weaning off this within a few months. Would putting milk in a sippy cup encourage her to drink from it? They all get the hang of it eventually!

Summerdays2014 Sun 05-Feb-17 18:34:44

My son has just turned one and now has his morning cows milk in a basic Tommee tippee free flow cup. I was surprised how well he took to it given that he plays with his water and spits most out! He still has a bottle of formula at night. We are introducing things one step at a time. Next will be naps in the cot, then cows milk in a bottle at night, then a cup at night and finally getting rid of the dummy he uses for sleep. Hmmm... might have cracked all that by the time he starts school!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now