Talk

Advanced search

How tall is your 9/10 year old boy?

(8 Posts)
Talk75 Sun 05-Feb-17 12:44:33

Mine is going to be 10 in May and is 131cm.

He is quite small for his age but is this really small/ unusual? He's in year 5 and gets teased by the year sixes who say that he should be in reception ;( he is self conscious poor thing xx

My daughter is 7 and is 122cm. Neither me or Hubby are tall - both 5ft 7ish

My dad wasn't tall but my 3 brothers are over 6ft so am hoping he might catch up during teenage years...

Does anyone have similar experiences..

ineedteanownotlater Sun 05-Feb-17 12:48:28

My 10 year old son is 159cm. We measured him this morning actually. He is extremely tall for his age and I checked it in his red book and he is of the scale! Me and his dad are both tall tho so he is bound to be tall. Think he is going to be taller than us 2 tho.
Give me a sec and I will look where your son is within the red book

ineedteanownotlater Sun 05-Feb-17 12:51:30

Have just checked for you and he is just sat on the 25th centile line. Tell your son not to worry and everyone is different. At least you will be able to buy jeans and trousers that fit! I have no chance.

Talk75 Sun 05-Feb-17 13:46:08

Thank you ineed that's made me feel better xx we've recently moved and I've mislaid their red books! But 25th centile sounds ok xx he was off the scale when he was horn as he was teeny and has gradually moved up the centiles so fingers crossed xx

RoganJosh Sun 05-Feb-17 13:47:48

You can look online
www.rcpch.ac.uk/system/files/protected/page/NEW%20Boys%202-18yrs%20(4TH%20JAN%202013).pdf

Witchend Sun 05-Feb-17 17:45:14

Ds is similar age, and he is about 135cm. He looks small in his year as he's one of the younger ones, but isn't noticeably small if that makes sense. I think he's around 50th gentile, so average for his age.

It does sound like bullying, and you should consider flagging it up to the teachers.

ineedamoreadultieradult Sun 05-Feb-17 17:48:33

DS is 150cm he will be 10 in April. There is a boy in his class who is the same size as the year 2s and no one ever mentions his height apart from in a matter of fact way as in 'I'm just getting so and so a biscuit cos he can't reach' If he is being bullied because of his size it is the bullies who need dealing with!

Ferrisday Sun 05-Feb-17 17:52:00

Ds is 9 3mths and 1.42m
There's a huge difference between him and his friends in class. A couple even taller and some a lot smaller. There seems to be a big range at this age.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now