Talk

Advanced search

Help me

(3 Posts)
Frogqueen13 Sat 04-Feb-17 12:21:16

I'm waiting for a camhs initial assessment and I have been for a year for my 9 year old. She has high anxiety levels but is rude answers back, steals, goes out of her way to hurt others tells me I don't love her, tells me she hates me,
Today we went to do her hobby and she ignored the teacher sat out didn't take part was threatened with being kicked out at least 3 times, I have taken her tv off her, I have taken cubs of her, her kindle went last week when she lied to her teacher about something quite serious.
She's running out of things to take away and she just doesn't comprehend it's her behaviour causing her to lose things she just thinks it's because I am horrible.

I just hit her after she slapped her 4 year old sister round the face.
I have never hit her before. I feel awful I have taken myself into the garden to get away from her.

School can't cope either

I can't wait another 2 months for camhs I just don't no what to do I really don't like her right now

CuppaSoup Tue 07-Feb-17 13:13:45

Hello there Frogqueen, I am so sorry to hear about the problems you have been having with your daughter. My 8-year-old son can be very difficult in similar ways and i too have found myself in a pit of despair over it. I really can't offer much advice but thought you might appreciate some moral support.
Does it help to spend some time alone with her...away from siblings, or does it make it worse? Maybe a morning out together doing something she likes doing? I have just found this helps a lot with my oldest child but obviously all children respond in different ways. Would she agree to something like that?

mouldycheesefan Tue 07-Feb-17 13:17:29

Taking stuff away isn't working. Have you read th book' how to talk so kids will listen and listen so kids will talk' it explains exactly what you have said, that when you punish them by taking stuff away they just think they hate you they don't realise the error of their ways.
Does she ever do anything right can you go big time overboard when she does with mega praise.
Can you get a private appointment with a child psychologist that would seem the best way forward.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now