Talk

Advanced search

Poo problems!

(6 Posts)
MyBreadIsEggy Fri 03-Feb-17 14:35:11

My DD is 21 months old and has always been pretty good when it comes to nappy changes. But recently it's as if she's a child possessed if I even mention changing her bum!!
I started to think maybe she might be getting ready to potty train, so we do have a potty that's kept in sight and she does do the odd wee on it, but we are still relying on nappies mostly. When she's just got a wet nappy, the fighting isn't so much of an issue because if she escapes, she can't really make a lot of mess. But when she's done a poo, she is adamant that I am not changing her nappy! Kicking, screaming, running away....so I've resorted to bribery using miniature haribos blush one sweetie if she lets me change a poo nappy blush any tips on what I can do?! Or should I just keep using the Haribos? She only poos once a day, so its not like she's being bombarded with sugar - but I'd rather not have to bribe her!

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 03-Feb-17 17:08:26

Do you think she knows when she's going to do the poo? My DS started hiding behind the settee when he was going to do one.

MyBreadIsEggy Fri 03-Feb-17 18:15:10

Jilted yes! She goes and stands in the gap between the wall and a storage unit...it's been nicknamed "poo corner"

thethoughtfox Fri 03-Feb-17 18:20:28

Could you try leaving her nappy off in the house and leaving a potty in poo corner?

Ilovewillow Fri 03-Feb-17 18:23:18

Try potty in poo corner! Ours was by the kitchen bin and my daughter wouldn't go anywhere else!

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 03-Feb-17 19:06:27

I've always thought that if they are old enough to pick a spot to poo in, they are old enough for potty training. Agree with others anout sticking to potty in poo corner too.

I had 2 potties, one for upstairs and one down and inserts for the toilets too. Plus I took them shopping to choose their "big girl/boy pants".

Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now