Talk

Advanced search

4year old dd hitting other children in school

(4 Posts)
Baggins2012 Thu 02-Feb-17 11:58:53

My 4year old is really sociable and loves playing with other children. She has regular play dates and a lot of cousins and 2nd cousins who she sees weekly. I have not had anyone complain about her hitting them.

However, this morning her school teacher said to me that there have been quite a few instances of my dd hitting other children in her class 'sneakily.' The school hadn't told me sooner as they had not been able to prove that my dd was hitting other children. But yesterday my dd was overheard saying to another child "I hit so and so" and that other girl was crying because she had been hit in the face.

we have always been very clear with my dd that you don't hit and she does not hit children outside the school. I guess I'm trying to figure out why she is behaving like this at school?!

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 02-Feb-17 16:11:45

What did the school say Baggins? Have they spoken to her?

Baggins2012 Thu 02-Feb-17 16:22:44

The teacher gave the whole class a talk on how to behave and also spoke to my dd separately. I asked my dd about it today and though she (eventually) admitted to hitting the other child she wouldn't give me a reason why she did it.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 02-Feb-17 16:27:06

I can understand why it's upsetting but the school seem to have dealt with it well. I think I'd just check up with her teacher in a week or so to see how she is doing smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now