Talk

Advanced search

DD in pain?

(7 Posts)
gnu Mon 26-Feb-07 10:22:56

DD (11 months) has been a bit strange for a few days now. She is certainly teething again, but she has also been:

- shouting out/growling every 30 seconds or so for much of the time. Not crying or distressed, but tense and frustrated.

- eating ravenously.

- rolling, grappling, arching, near-crawling (she still doesn't), throwing stuff furiously, then suddenly getting overtired.

- sleeping well at night

- in amongst all the 'ball of frustration' stuff, being quite smiley and chuckly.

Is this just how teething might affect her now she's a bit older, or might it be something else developmental? Any ideas?

prawnsmum Mon 26-Feb-07 10:30:01

Hi there my son is 6 months old and is a bit like this at the moment shouting out and making very strange noises one minute then laughing away the next he is teething to and im sure its just his way of dealing with the pain. You do feel really helpless though.

gnu Mon 26-Feb-07 11:18:38

Yes, its very odd. She was teething last week too but then she was happy in the day but in some pain at night (woke very early crying a couple of times). Now its the other way round.

Funny that its accompanied by the big appetite and the furious activity - this seems unlike what I hear of teething symptoms. Yesterday she seemed to be demanding to be held upside down all the time!

Sugarmagnolia Mon 26-Feb-07 11:47:43

It may not be just the teething - it may be that she's about to have a bit of a "developmental surge" if you know what I mean. Mine are a bit older now but I seem to remember spurts where they would be quite frustrated for a while then suddenly do lots of new things at once. Maybe the shouting out/growling is also her tring to talk??

gnu Mon 26-Feb-07 12:56:59

Yes, I was thinking some kind of 'surge'. Its like she has a kind of tension in her body that she needs to release. She's been trying to crawl for months but keeps one pesky leg folded in front of her. In the past few days she's certainly lifting her whole torso of the ground and seems obsessed by reaching for things that are just out of reach (sometimes even pushing them to where they are out of reach then screaming in frustration!). Just odd that its come at the same time as teething.

Sugarmagnolia Mon 26-Feb-07 12:59:05

no so odd really, I think they do tend to have these developmental leaps where lots of stuff goes on at once

gnu Wed 28-Feb-07 10:20:57

... and as of yesterday she has a cold. I should know by now - everytime I think she is odd due to teething or a 'developmental surge' she has a cold a day or two later. And she's always much happier by the time her outward symptoms have become apparent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now