Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

6yr DS gets tired a lot

(7 Posts)
Coffeefacescrub Sat 28-Jan-17 12:06:39

He's small for his age, amongst the smallest boys in the class but he gets tired a lot quicker too.

Where they bound up the road home, he always has to stop and rest and moan. I know he's got short legs which don't help with fast running, but he's always complaining that his legs are tired.

He goes for half hour swimming lesson on sat am and afterwards he's totally zonked.

I don't know what's normal or what's not. Is it worth me going to the doctor?

tessiebear4 Sat 28-Jan-17 16:22:48

What do you mean by totally zonked? Mine are always tired after swimming, but tired as in wanting to chill out and watch a film, rather than sleeping tired.
How much sleep does he have?

InTheDessert Sat 28-Jan-17 16:25:56

Does he eat a reasonable diet?
Could he be short of iron??

Stuffedshirt Sat 28-Jan-17 16:29:10

I'd definitely take him to see your GP. You have nothing to lose but the time for an appointment. In the meantime, what's his diet like? Is it varied? Does he sleep well? Is this a new thing? Are you and his father small? Just a few things to think about. I hope you get sorted.

ineedamoreadultieradult Sat 28-Jan-17 16:30:10

My DS 6 is the shortest in his class by quite a way bit is a little ball of energy so I don't think just being shorter in the legs really makes much difference. Unless you can identify anything easy to fix like bad diet or lack of quality sleep at night it might be worth seeing the school nurse or GP to rule anything out.

GoesDownLikeACupOfColdSick Sat 28-Jan-17 17:25:53

Being tired all the time can be a flag for T1 - does he drink a lot and go to the toilet a lot and has he lost weight? Hopefully none of these and it's just because he's a bit littler than his mates and will catch up! But if you're worried I can't see that it would hurt to have him checked out.

Coffeefacescrub Sat 28-Jan-17 17:29:18

Zonked - he wants to chill out big time. He doesn't want to sleep. Just lie around. I know, swimming is hard on them.

he does eat okay - he's quite fussy - but he eats a lot of vegetables and protein. I am very health conscious. He's quite pale, so maybe a kick of iron might help him.

His dad is average height but was titchy until he was about 11. Titchy!

My nephew has various other members of family have hypermobility. My nephew had the syndrome, and had it bad. My sister reminded me of this today. DS does complain his feet/legs hurt when he does too much. it can cause tiredness, apparently. I'm hypermobile too but perfectly well, no adversity as a result

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now