Talk

Advanced search

Xxyy

(6 Posts)
throneofgames Fri 27-Jan-17 16:12:55

My beautiful 20 month old baby boy has just been diagnosed with xxyy and I can't cope. I can't take it in. It's so fucking unfair. He'll never have children. Probably won't live independently. What a hateful world we live in.

AllTheLight Fri 27-Jan-17 17:03:29

Hi OP, I don't have experience of this personally, but I just wanted to say that I am sorry you are going through this - what a very difficult and traumatic time for you. Is there a support group you could join? flowers for you

tiggytape Fri 27-Jan-17 17:19:21

I'm so sorry you are going through this.
An initial diagnosis and then the shock and fear of what comes next is so hard to process.
I second the advice to look for groups and online resources and to ask for help from your HV, the hospital, friends and family too. I really wish you and your DS well and hope you have the support IRL you need.

GoesDownLikeACupOfColdSick Fri 27-Jan-17 19:23:28

flowers for you and your gorgeous boy. Agree with PPs about finding support groups - there's so much that you don't and can't know at this stage, and that fear will be a big part of how you feel. Please try and be kind to yourself too and remember to take care of yourself; you've had a huge shock wine

Oysterbabe Fri 27-Jan-17 19:57:06

What a terrible shock for you flowers
It will take time to come to terms with but you and your beautiful boy will cope. Online support groups are a great idea for support and advice.

Crumbs1 Fri 27-Jan-17 20:12:06

I'm sorry that is tough news to come to terms with. What you need to hang on to is that despite having a label now your beautiful 20 month old baby boy hasn't changed. He remains the child you love but will need much more of that love as he grows.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now