Talk

Advanced search

Craniosynostosis - your *good news* stories please!

(1 Post)
ThinkPinkStink Mon 23-Jan-17 19:31:47

DD is 14 weeks old and has an odd shaped head. If you look at the craniosynostosis page on Wikipedia, it's almost identical to the example photos.

I took her to the GP last week, they were unsure so asked for some time to research/speak to colleagues. Today I got a voicemail from them (annoyingly I was on the phone when they called) to say they'd call me on Friday to discuss 'what happens next'.

Friday feels like a billion years away. I've read threads on here, and various articles online, and I know that the chances are that DD is just a bit wonky-of-head... and even if it is craniosynostosis surgery is not always required and even if it is, is often successful.

I don't know if it's coincidence (it probably is) but she's been grisly this week, and has learned a new horribly high pitched cry (which sounds terrifying, especially when I'm scared that her skull is causing her issues).

I'm just terrified of losing our lovely little girl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now