Talk

Advanced search

8 Month Old Development Worry

(3 Posts)
Carrah12 Tue 17-Jan-17 13:46:48

Hello, my little girl has just turned 8 months and she is so different from my son I am starting to worry. She makes fleeting eye contact but then is off to explore something more interesting, she smiles regularly at my husband and often strangers but I often get just the one smile when she wakes and efforts to get more fall flat. She really only laughs when tickled and then not always, she absolutely does not get peak a boo and just looks concerned. She babbles a little and is overall very content, hitting all motor milestones. My son cried more but he also smiled and laughed a lot more. Anyone else have a baby similar where all was normal? My son loved peak a boo and I just find it strange she has no joy in it.

HumpHumpWhale Tue 17-Jan-17 13:51:29

I'm definitely not an expert, but it sounds to me like she just has a different personality to your son. I find it amazing how different my two kids are. Things that had my son cackling with laughter just get a blank look from my DD. Tickling makes her furious. As long as there are some things she enjoys and some people she engages with I think it's possibly mildly insulting that she takes you for granted but nothing to actually worry about!

Carrah12 Tue 17-Jan-17 13:58:01

Thanks for your reply. Good to hear you found your children very different also. I geuss I just thought all babies liked peek a boo! I made/make my son smile/laugh so easily but she is having none of it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now