Talk

Advanced search

would it be bad to give DD formula?

(9 Posts)
Neverknowing Thu 12-Jan-17 21:44:04

My DM is looking after my 12 week old DD next week and I don't have time to express enough. Would it be bad to give her formula just once and then go back to breast milk? If so, does anyone have any advice on which one to give her?

Soubriquet Thu 12-Jan-17 21:46:34

It's fine

Loads of people combination feed

LauraPalmersBodybag Thu 12-Jan-17 21:47:37

Not bad at all. You've had enough time for your supply to establish so as long as you're comfortable with it, go for it. If you're going to be away from her for a while you might want to express for comfort though... I think any newborn formula is fine

Chippednailvarnishing Thu 12-Jan-17 21:48:38

I'd start giving her a little bit now, just so you know she'll take it.

Akire Thu 12-Jan-17 21:49:12

If you can't express then the only option is formula or let her starve, so not really a difficult question! Formula isn't poison even if sometimes feels like on here. Any formula in ready mix so
No waste would be fine.

NoncommittalToSparkleMotion Thu 12-Jan-17 21:50:37

You'll be absolutely fine. smile

NovemberInDailyFailLand Thu 12-Jan-17 21:52:43

My 3 month old has only ever had Hipp Organic - I can't bf because of previous illness and surgery there. It's been pretty good, obviously not as good as if you can bf but in combination it could work.

Neverknowing Thu 12-Jan-17 21:53:45

Thanks guys!
Haha I didn't mean formula was poison I just wanted to make sure that she would go back to being breastfed okay and also that my supply wouldn't go down or anything!

Neverknowing Thu 12-Jan-17 21:54:10

Also I apologise for posting this twice it said it hadn't posted!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now