Talk

Advanced search

would it be bad to give DD formula?

(4 Posts)
Neverknowing Thu 12-Jan-17 21:43:25

My DM is looking after my 12 week old DD next week and I don't have time to express enough. Would it be bad to give her formula just once and then go back to breast milk? If so, does anyone have any advice on which one to give her?

PostTruthEra Thu 12-Jan-17 21:49:31

No it won't hurt as a one off (though your boobs might get engorged and I'd wear breast pads and a dark top!). Be prepared that your baby might refuse the bottle and be very hungry when you get back!

I think all formula has to have the same nutritional value so it doesn't matter which you pick.

Neverknowing Thu 12-Jan-17 21:55:51

Thank you! I know a lot of women do supplement but I was a bit worried about it being just once.

PostTruthEra Thu 12-Jan-17 22:09:15

It won't affect supply, don't worry. I think you can buy pre made sterile formula which might be cheaper as a one off rather than buying a tub of powder.

The more likely scenario is that your baby refuses the bottle and you have to feed lots in the night afterwards! But don't worry, babies won't starve themselves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now