Talk

Advanced search

Very worried about Daughters behaviour in school.

(2 Posts)
broodymamma Wed 11-Jan-17 14:21:02

My daughter will be 4 at the end of Jan and attends the nursery attached to her primary school. Her teachers called a meeting this week regarding her unacceptable behaviour. She is hurting other pupils who interfere with her space by lashing out scratching and biting. She is also acting aggressive to her teachers and will scratch bite and pinch them for no obvious reasons. She also demands a lot of physical /comfort touch from the same teachers. What puzzles me most is that I haven't seen any of this behaviour at home either towards me or her siblings. In fact I find her most tollerent especially towards her younger sister. Since we had this meeting they have introduced a punishment system where my daughter is sent for a short time to the school creche if she misbehaves. This seems to be upsetting her and although she tells me she like it in school for the first time she is refusing to go into school. She is also now acting up at home and trying to be awkward whenever possible. She is not showing the aggressive behaviour except in her talk at home. I have read her the book teeth are not for biting and sent it school with her to have the teacher read it to the class. Any advice or guidance would be really appreciated.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 12-Jan-17 18:50:43

broody you sound like you are taking some positive steps. What did they say in the meeting? Can they identify any triggers? Were SENCO there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now