Talk

Advanced search

Toddler turning bath taps on - all the time!

(6 Posts)
hiyahen Sun 08-Jan-17 20:23:24

As soon as I put my toddler in the bath he makes a beeline for the tap end (which is hard for me to hold him back from due to our shower screen being in the way). He then turns the hot and cold taps (mixer tap) on and off and thinks it's great fun. I'm terrified he's going to scald himself one day and for the last few nights I've been bathing with him and sitting at the tap end so he doesn't touch the taps.

I just wondered if anyone out there could recommend a product that might help with this? Is there some sort of cover I could get to put over the taps or something?

MintyLizzy9 Sun 08-Jan-17 20:26:24

this I too had a tab obsessed LO!

Watto1 Sun 08-Jan-17 20:27:24

If you google 'tap safety cover' you'll see many devices that may help. Not tried any of them personally so can't comment of efficacy but worth a go?

wowbutter Sun 08-Jan-17 20:30:07

How old is he?

When mine was 2-3 and did this he was told at the start of the bath if he turned the tap on, he was coming out. He did, and out he came. Scream scream, tantrum, scream. But, eventually he got it.

bilknapplapp Sun 08-Jan-17 21:23:34

I know this isn't what you asked, but I agree with wowbutter - if they are an older toddler and can understand, then take them out of the bath each time they do it. It's a genuine safety issue, as you point out. Plus make sure they have plenty of different cups and bottles etc in the bath for pouring etc so they can get the fun part of messing about with water, without it being dangerous. Good luck!

wowbutter Mon 09-Jan-17 20:19:23

We did this because it isn't just our bath that the dc were bathed in. It was hotels, other houses,, we moved about a lot. Tap locks and covers just were not appropriate.
It is a safety issue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now