Talk

Advanced search

Ummm, POO! Lack of..

(9 Posts)
SydneyB Wed 21-Feb-07 18:50:32

My DD has always done two poos a day or at least one but she now hasn't pooed for 2 whole days. She is nearly 11 weeks and otherwise seems just fine - alert, feeding well and lots of wet nappies. I know in my heart of hearts that there probably isn't anything to worry about and that nappy watching is a dangerous sport but just wondered if it was normal for things to suddenly change like this and at what point I should start to worry?

JoLou74 Wed 21-Feb-07 18:52:17

Perfectly normal for them not to pooh for up to a week at that age. It will be a good one when it arrives!

lemonaid Wed 21-Feb-07 18:55:54

If she's breastfed then yes, perfectly normal to change at around this age. I've known friends' DCs go for getting on for two weeks without a poo.

amidaiwish Wed 21-Feb-07 19:38:15

mine regularly went weeks without a poo at this age, so don't fret too much.
i got really worried, but it is totally normal.
there have been lots of threads on this if you do a search.

put her in her best outfit and go out somewhere with no changing facilities - she is bound to do a massive one!!

vinhotinto Thu 22-Feb-07 22:33:55

DD did this and then exploded at a friends house requiring massive clean up and bath.

My HV says her record is nine days and the whole village was on alert

llareggub Thu 22-Feb-07 22:43:28

my son is 17 weeks and since about 10 weeks or so has a poo every 3 days. it's very convenient tbh.

merlotmama Thu 22-Feb-07 23:44:14

LOL vinhot, your HVs record is 9 days! Was that her personal best?

vinhotinto Fri 23-Feb-07 09:25:47

well she did look a bit off colour

massagemum Fri 23-Feb-07 12:11:19

You should try finding out about baby massage in your area. Not only is it a really nice experience for you and baby, but can help with problems like constipation and colic etc.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: