Talk

Advanced search

So sick of my 2.5 yo. I'm not sure I even like her anymore.

(7 Posts)
Christmaswhinge Fri 30-Dec-16 17:29:22

I just need a rant. I know it's nothing unusual but she is driving me mad. We've been away for a few days (DH, DD and me) to relax after hosting Christmas. I've been so looking forward to the break. But she ruined it. She has not stopped whinging for days. Everything is wrong, she's hungry, cold, tired, it's too sunny, not sunny enough, her spoon is the wrong colour, she wants to walk, she wants the pushchair etc etc. We have pandered to her all day long and I'm so pissed off. Everything is a battle. She refuses to brush her teeth, or get dressed, or do just about anything we ask. I just give in and bribe her but then feel annoyed with myself. I feel trapped with a toddler that I don't really like at the moment. Back to work next week and the grind starts all over again. I'm so tired from her waking up at 5am everyday. Sorry this is just rambling. Does anyone else feel like this? Am I just a horrible mother?

Wheredidallthejaffacakesgo Fri 30-Dec-16 17:30:44

flowers not long until bedtime...

I think most of us get driven to distraction from time to time. Hope you get a breather soon when she goes to sleep.

Christmaswhinge Fri 30-Dec-16 17:34:38

Thank you.

Yes she'll be in bed in an hour but then it all starts again tomorrow with more stroppy whinging.

FATEdestiny Fri 30-Dec-16 17:49:30

We've been away for a few days to relax...

The only thing wrong is your expectations.

The reality now is that holidays and days away will only be relaxing if you either:

- leave child at home with someone else
- take childcare with you
- you wait a few years and don't have any more children in that time.

Soz confusedflowers

Cakescakescakes Fri 30-Dec-16 17:51:27

Holidays with small children (especially toddlers) are exactly the same as being at home only you don't have all your stuff to entertain them. And most small kids prefer their home comforts anyway. We learnt the hard way with DS1 and I agree it's about expectations. 'Relaxing' holidays just don't exist with toddlers in my experience.

PotteringAlong Fri 30-Dec-16 17:52:25

I'm with fate - if you wanted to relax you should have stopped at home.

flowers it will all be fine. Have a bath. Have wine. Tomorrow is another day.

user1469302797 Sun 01-Jan-17 12:32:25

Took 2 year old out yesterday and felt exactly like this. Wanted to walk then buggy, wanted cheese then apple then cheese. Coat on, coat off. I'm wandering if he's getting the big back teeth. My son's also wakes every day, without fail, at 5am. Work will be a break!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now