Talk

Advanced search

Un-descended testicles

(4 Posts)
user1478871196 Thu 29-Dec-16 20:56:21

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. My little boy has been going though the wars recently and is recovering from eye surgery. He is four years old and when he was born and had his nursery check the doctor said one of his testicles was undescended. We had to visit the doctor weeks later to which he confirmed it was in place and there were no issues . My husband has pointed out that it doesn't look like his testicles are descended. We aren't the experts by any means but researching it is quite worrying. Does anyone know if they can redescend once they have descended?
I know there is a condition when then can move but wandered if it was possible this could be worst case scenario and he needs surgery
Thanks in advance

Temporaryanonymity Thu 29-Dec-16 21:09:07

This happened to my DS. He had an op under general anaesthetic and was barely in hospital 12 hours. He was a bit sore the day after but was back in school after three days. All is fine, apart from two little dimples where the op was performed. He likes to check every so often they they are still there...

user1478871196 Thu 29-Dec-16 22:03:49

Thank you for the reply.. Was it easy to diagnose and did it take a long time to get him booked in for the operation X

Temporaryanonymity Thu 29-Dec-16 22:26:43

I can't remember the timescales now. I took him to the GP who refered him to the hospital. We saw a consultant who turned out to be one of the parents from school. The op was a few months later, not very long. I remember being very tearful when I found out he need an op but he enjoyed his trip to the hospital. I was amazed that he walked from the ward to the car park, and he managed three helpings of sausage and chips on the ward after the op. He still talks about that! Honestly he was fine, it was very straightforward.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now