Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Whiffy six year old girl.

(6 Posts)
SuspendedInGaffaTape Wed 28-Dec-16 13:27:09

Daughter is six and I've just noticed she has smelly armpits. She had a bath last night and has been in her onesie since then, she just got changed and the armpits on her onesies smell of BO. Has anyone else had this? Should I get her checked by the doctor? No other signs of anything unusual.
Thanks

MerylPeril Wed 28-Dec-16 13:29:47

7 year old has been same -
However it seems to have improved. Not sure if it's a hormone surge or similar.
We just changed clothes and showered more - we have used deodorant but a few times a week seems to have done the trick

SuspendedInGaffaTape Wed 28-Dec-16 19:30:26

Thanks. I'll see if it passes in a few days. Freaked me out!!

BertieBotts Wed 28-Dec-16 19:38:41

DS has had this since 5 or 6 too. 5 was very occasional - if he'd been very active and not washed. By 6 it was more noticeable. At 7 we had him showering 3x per week and by 8 it has to be every day or he gets stinky feet too! We haven't started buying deodorant yet because if he washes daily he doesn't need it.

Have been told if it's the only sign of puberty not to worry, and girls can start earlier than boys anyway.

Hs2Issue Wed 28-Dec-16 20:09:22

I noticed last year that DD at 6 had bo but then realised it was in polyester school dresses now changed to cotton and no bo.

Atantrumaday Wed 28-Dec-16 20:15:18

My 5 year old dd also has this and after a bit of internet research I came across the suggestion to cut out cows dairy as the hormones given to cows to make them produce more milk can affect children's hormone levels - hey presto, two weeks of no dairy and the smell disappeared.

Now, even if she has just a glass of cow's milk, or cow's milk on her cereal, sure enough that day or the next, she will have B.O. again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now