Talk

Advanced search

Dd behaviour deteriorates after she's spent time with her cousin

(5 Posts)
Nicpem1982 Mon 26-Dec-16 18:20:15

Looking for some advice really:

Just let me start by saying my dd (2) is no angel and she has her moments 😊 This is not a blame it on the other kid as an easy option.

My dd (2) has a cousin (4) that has recently come back into our lives after sil/bil went nc with the family and how can I put this she's a nightmare and her behaviour is appalling.

She has been caught pushing dd, pulling her hair and telling her to do things like pull the Xmas tree over at mils house (Luckily fil heard her and stopped it)

The main problem is my dd has started to mirror nieces behaviour after prolonged contact for example she's seen niece 3 out of the last 4 days and today she's started to wee herself deliberately like my niece, as niece isn't potty trained properly as if she doesn't want to stop what she's doing to use the toilet she won't go and will just wet herself, bil/sil said she will learn in her own time.

She's refusing to listen to me and dh and is saying phrases that niece uses like "no chance" and "er not today thank you" and my current favourite "I'm not your slave"

Generally if my dd is distracted and not listening when me or dh say do u remember when we spoke about listening to mummy and Daddy? She'll respond- not the last few days she doesn't

Niece is incredibly spiteful to dd and wouldn't share if she had a hundred of something and bil/sil make no effort to correct her and I don't want any more behaviours to rub off on my dd.

Im looking to suggest to dh that we limit contact with niece what are your thoughts?

BobbieDog Mon 26-Dec-16 18:23:18

How often do you see your neice normally?

Nicpem1982 Mon 26-Dec-16 18:25:41

My dd sees her a couple of times a week at mils

PoshPenny Mon 26-Dec-16 18:27:30

Limit contact and when you [have no choice] are with her, I wouldn't be letting your daughter go off with the niece, I'd be helicoptering all the time, watching like a hawk. No way would I have wanted one of my kids being influenced like that.

Nicpem1982 Mon 26-Dec-16 18:30:57

Mil/fil have started to notice the spitefulness and the slyness and do helicopter, it was difficult at first to mention it to them as theyd been nc with bil/sil and we didn't want to look like we were picking fault with niece as we were put out she'd come back (iyswim)

Dd started pre school after Xmas and when the days increase that she's there it should clash with the days that mil has niece

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: