Talk

Advanced search

Six Year Old Tantruming

(2 Posts)
xmasadsboohiss Tue 20-Dec-16 23:57:32

OMG Christmas is already feeling looooong! My six year old DS is really challenging. Throwing tantrums when asked to tidy up, leave the house, put shoes on - anything really. Also gets a kick out of winding everyone in the family up by singing, screeching or anything else he can find to irritate us! He also sulks bigtime. Ignoring doesn't work, he laughs when I tell him off, time out is of limited use. I can't help thinking that we're going really badly wrong somewhere and that his behaviour is all our fault. Have tried talking to him about his anger but that goes precisely nowhere. Anyone got pearls of wisdom to impart?

HarrassedMumof3 Sat 31-Dec-16 00:34:02

I could have written this. DS is also 6 and suddenly having tantrums at the drop of a hat. His favourite phrases are 'you can't make me', 'you're not my boss', and even more delightful - 'I'll trash the house' !
Struggling with appropriate consequences - nothing seems to bother him. Time out seems too young for him now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now