Talk

Advanced search

3 Year Old swearing

(4 Posts)
ninenicknames Tue 20-Dec-16 17:09:51

Ok so I'm not stupid and DS has obviously heard FUCK from somewhere.

I hardly swear & certainly wouldn't in front of DS.

But when my DF (DS Grandad) is here, DS just randomly says "Fuck, Fuck" over & over again. Not in context. Usually when he is tired.

How do I stop it? I'm utterly, utterly mortified, horrified & shocked sad

user1477282676 Tue 20-Dec-16 20:47:26

Ignore it. If he gets any sort of reaction, he will do it more. Does his Granddad swear?

ninenicknames Tue 20-Dec-16 20:56:28

No honestly we've never said such words as I actually can't bare to hear kids swear.

I've just been doing a bit of research, it's a "thing" with 3/4 year olds. They may have heard it weeks, months ago & they associate it with a highly emotional state i.e. Jabbing your hand in the door or cussing at road rage etc .... so in turn they then try it out to gauge your reaction

So yes - ignoring is the only way.

I'm dying inside thou

user1477282676 Tue 20-Dec-16 20:58:44

My DD used to say "Oh shit!" whenever she dropped something, because she'd heard me say it once. It was terrible!

At 3 though he doesn't know what he's saying so you can't reason with him....distraction and ignoring is the way...you're not the only one, it's only a word after all. He'll stop eventually.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now