Talk

Advanced search

1 year old found playing with poo

(10 Posts)
mischadee Tue 20-Dec-16 13:51:24

Sorry I don't know if I'm in the right place

This morning I went to get my 13 month old daughter out of bed, she had been quiet all morning and I thought she was asleep (she was up until past 3am messing about) but she had taken her nappy off and been playing with her poo. It was smeared everywhere around her mouth ,in her ears and all over her cot.

She's not acting any differently, will she be okay?

Is it normal for her to do this?

Gollygeewhizztits Tue 20-Dec-16 13:53:26

I think that's quite normal as she's only little and it's natural for them to explore. Not very nice for you to clean up though!

mischadee Tue 20-Dec-16 13:58:42

Thank you
Definitely not nice to clean up haha
Just worried incase she ate some, it was on her face but no sign in her mouth

Bobbybobbins Tue 20-Dec-16 14:05:35

I think this is pretty normal at this age. smile Horrible to clean up though (speaking from experience!)

mischadee Tue 20-Dec-16 14:13:20

Thank you
I'm sort of glad it's not just my baby that's done it

Gollygeewhizztits Tue 20-Dec-16 14:16:40

I would not worry about her having eaten some unless she starts showing any signs of illness.

xStefx Tue 20-Dec-16 14:21:12

lol don't worry I don't actually think poo is harmful. Yuck! poor you OP! What a savage child lol :-)

mischadee Tue 20-Dec-16 14:21:15

Okay thank you
She's had a drink and food and seems to be okay now

Stepmum123 Tue 27-Dec-16 17:51:43

As long as it doesn't become a regular thing as she becomes older it's not a problem but dont envy you the cleaning!!

mudandmayhem01 Tue 27-Dec-16 18:01:09

My DD did some very impressive ( and utterly disgusting) poo finger painting at that age. I don't reckon your own fresh poo can actually do much harm to you as it contains bacteria that are already inside you. Not having a massive bottle of milk just before her afternoon nap solved this issue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now