Talk

Advanced search

18mo really fickle with who she likes - is this normal?

(4 Posts)
buckyou Mon 19-Dec-16 16:02:28

Shes my first child. She's never really been the friendliest of babies with strangers / people she doesn't see often , I guess she is just a bit shy.

But she's a bit funny with people she does see often! She switches between mummy and daddy and often the least favoured one won't do and is not allowed a cuddle.

My mum has her one day a week and she normally has a great relationship with her but she came round today and my daughter was just awful to her! Really didn't want anything to do with her at all. sad

We've been away this weekend to visit the other side of the family which she enjoyed but I think she was glad to come home.. So not sure if she wanted it to just be me and her today??

Is this normal?? I find it quite upsetting although know I probably shouldn't.

soundsystem Tue 20-Dec-16 18:32:51

It sounds pretty normal. Mine has just turned two and still has mummy or daddy phases when the other one just won't do. I find it exhausting when I'm the chosen one and like you a little bit upsetting when I'm not. No advice really but you're not alone!

comeagainforbigfudge Tue 20-Dec-16 18:53:39

Sounds almost like my 18 month old.

Who was yelling "go" and pointing to the door last time her gp's were here apparently . blush I actually missed this but find it so funny

buckyou Tue 20-Dec-16 19:24:20

Comeagain that's hilariousgrin.

I guess we just need to appreciate the times they decide to be nice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now