Talk

Advanced search

20mo DS doing strange thing with eyes

(3 Posts)
Bubspub Sun 18-Dec-16 14:48:09

For many many months my almost 20mo DS has done this strange thing with his eyes. He sort of looks to the side and turns his head, as if he's getting something out of his peripheral vision or something. I can't remember exactly when he started doing it, it was ages ago I think, but there was a period about 4 months ago when he was doing it loads. He doesn't do it so much now but he still does it maybe 3-4 times each day. It's totally spontaneous and he's not distressed but rather seems to be enjoying it. I don't know if any of that makes sense to anyone but I wondered if anyone else had anything similar? For context, he's a high needs baby who had colic/reflux/intense screaming for six months, walked early and is great with his motor skills but picking up language a bit slowly. Thank you.

mscongeniality Sun 18-Dec-16 15:05:45

I think my son does this too! Does he do it when he's walking? Sometimes he will be walking and he will move his eyes to look to the side and then turn his head. I don't know what to make of it, I thought he gets distracted by things and tries to look at them while moving?

He only does it when moving though...I think

Bubspub Sun 18-Dec-16 15:26:04

Yes he does it particularly when walking! To look to the side as if he can see something, he looks possessed! But he also does it a bit when still. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now