Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Wont go to the toilet when out

(9 Posts)
Tinkerbell2013 Sun 18-Dec-16 12:07:05

Hi
My Ds has been potty trained for about 6 months hes never been happy with going to the toilet when weve been out of the house. But for the last 3 weeks hes not been telling us he wants a wee abd jyst wetting himself.Ive tried asking him if he wants a wee abd he says no. I take him to the toilet regulary when out with him but he just starts screamimg does anyone have any advuce cause im not sure what else to do.

DearMrDilkington Sun 18-Dec-16 12:09:09

Is he scared by the hand dryers? Dd used to be terrified by them and that put her off using public toilets.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 18-Dec-16 19:05:04

My Da was scared of the big toilet, we solved that with a portable toilet seat. He was scared of the gander years too.

I'd borrow a couple of terry or other cloth nappies and tell him he either needs to telly you when he wants to go or wear them.

bastedyoungturkey Sun 18-Dec-16 19:07:08

My DD is petrified of the hand dryers and we have to use parent and child loos if available so she knows no-one will set them off while she's in there. She goes all squirmy if we have to go in the regular ladies loos.

nancy75 Sun 18-Dec-16 19:08:55

Just about to come on and say hand driers! Seems it's a common thing for little ones to be scared of.

trilbydoll Sun 18-Dec-16 19:12:18

I don't use public toilets either and I'm nearly 32 grin

DD had a bit of a regression, it was like she got overconfident. We went back to basics and full on bribery, chocolate buttons for every successful toilet visit etc. Also, if she had an accident, I explained it wouldn't have happened if we had gone to the toilet when I had suggested it 5 minutes earlier.

The thing that made the most difference was me going to the toilet then asking if she wanted to. I realised that because I never go to the toilet, she never saw an example of going just in case!

Snowflake65 Sun 18-Dec-16 19:18:26

DS used to be terrified of hand dryers so wouldn't use public toilets.

Tinkerbell2013 Tue 20-Dec-16 14:49:48

Thanks everone for your feefback he's over the hand dryer he likes it now,ill just have to persevere.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 21-Dec-16 21:11:51

Is it the large toilet seat then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now