Talk

Advanced search

10 month old biting while nursing

(6 Posts)
cookieswirls Mon 21-Nov-16 17:42:05

My ds who is teething had just started biting when he's nursing and its so bloody painful. I say no in firm voice but that just makes him laugh. He has one razor sharp tooth. What should I do to stop him ?

Pollyanna9 Tue 22-Nov-16 20:22:00

My DS did this too.

I said 'No!' quite loudly, out him down, feed ended.

He tried it once more. Repeated.

Never did it again.

Mammamia07 Wed 23-Nov-16 11:06:56

DD started this recently with her 4 teeth, 2up 2down like a bear trap. I made a unintentional "Ssss" noise which gave her a fright so she's probably going to have a fear of snakes but she's stopped biting so...

Qwertie Sat 03-Dec-16 11:30:32

I had this for weeks with DD, I was terrified :-/ I unlatched and ignored her for a couple of minutes every time & It worked eventually. Fed her until 21 months.

ChipIn Sat 03-Dec-16 11:44:37

This is a horrid phase! I would take DD off and tell her no (which she just found funny) and she'd get upset when I left her for a minute without boob. I'd sometimes try to give her the dummy instead so she could realise she wasn't getting more milk after biting. It bloody hurt but she did eventually grow out of it.

Popskipiekin Sat 03-Dec-16 12:00:20

Reading with interest as DS1's teeth came through in abundance at 6 months and I couldn't get past it - gave up feeding by 8 months due to the pain. Due with DS2 any day now and would love to feed for longer...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now