Talk

Advanced search

Unnecessary worry?

(3 Posts)
Dlah Mon 07-Nov-16 22:18:32

My DD is 1 week old today, I'm a FTM (so possibly being neurotic is part of the territory!) this whole week she's been the most content, easy baby, barely making a peep, being woken for most of her feeds and just an absolute delight to get to know.

Tonight she's been rather awake - I guess it suddenly seems unusually so, and quite restless, I wondered if constipated tbf as had a little 5p size piece and that was it. Anyway, I've finally managed to get her to settle ( thanks to Ewan the dream sheep) but I'm finding myself laying here watching her in her crib panicking that something's the matter and I'm missing it.

We were talking about her looking off into space earlier, always keeping her head/eyes to the left, but I just keep getting this feeling in pit of my stomach that I'm being too relaxed in a way, and I should be doing more for her.

Not really sure if this post is pointless or if someone might tell me I should be doing something/calling someone

:/

SpeakNoWords Tue 08-Nov-16 13:08:50

I think it's FTM worries and nothing more substantial. She's only 1 week old. Looking away to the side is not unusual. It can be a sign of tiredness, plus their vision is quite short range at this age. It's really not anything to worry about.

If she keeps her head to the left a lot then it might be torticollis. You could ask your health visitor about it, or your GP.

Temporaryname137 Thu 10-Nov-16 12:14:56

If she's one week old, she will sleep, stare vacantly into space, drink milk and shit herself. That is literally it! I was panicking at that age because everyone else seemed to have papered their changing area with stimulating patterns, blah blah. I now realise that they really don't do anything for a good few weeks!

As for her head being turned to the left a lot, mention it when you see your HV, and see what she thinks. But other than that, just enjoy her and love her smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now