Talk

Advanced search

Fed up with my baby's demands !!

(5 Posts)
Cloud9889 Sun 06-Nov-16 17:40:00

My 9 month old is so fussy. Sometimes the only way to calm him is to carry him about. I am exhausted. My supposed to be maternity leave has been mostly bloody stressful . My stress levels feel so high usually when he cries I am sometimes literally shaking. I try not to shout at DS but his older brother sometimes gets shouted at which I don't feel good about. He's currently screaming in the car seat ( I'm not driving ).

Does this ever get better ?? I've got a dr appointment as I'm worried about my stress levels !!

PotteringAlong Sun 06-Nov-16 17:45:06

Have you got a sling?

justtowarm Sun 06-Nov-16 17:51:41

It will get better, talk to your gp like you said. Do you have any support? Someone who can babysit for a day? By 9 months I needed a day off every now and then.

Take a deep breath and get a plan together to get yourself a break wine

Cloud9889 Sun 06-Nov-16 18:04:43

I've got a sling but he is over 9kg and I'm finding it a bit psychically draining as I also need to care and play with my 3 yr old .
This is probably going to sound bad but I've got him enrolled in nursery for two afternoons a week starting v soon even though I'm not going back to work for about 3 months - I feel like a bad mum for doing this though but I don't have many people I can ask who are willing or able to help and my DH has a v demanding job.

justtowarm Sun 06-Nov-16 18:15:40

I don't think it's bad at all using nursery! Especially if you don't have many people to support you. Its hard work having a baby. I'm very lucky as my mum is retired and can help. Honestly just having a day to myself every now and then helped me to keep my cool and not feel like a walking zombie. Also my advice is when you do get a day use some of it to do absolutely nothing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now