Talk

Advanced search

Nappies for big children

(14 Posts)
weepingwillows Fri 04-Nov-16 16:31:48

My big five and a half year old still wears nappies at night but with pampers 6+ I still have to wash sheets every other day and it's driving me nuts! Tried the Spider-Man pull-up thingys and sainsburys own 6+ With not much luck. Does anyone have any success with something else I can try?

ipsofatto234 Fri 04-Nov-16 16:35:01

Try Amazon or Ebay for medical-supplier nappies in size 7 and over.

Nigglenaggle Fri 04-Nov-16 16:36:07

The pampers pull ups are definitely more than a 6 plus. Ours still wears them at night and on the odd occasion we run out and have to use a nappy it's a real squeeze! I know that you can get size 7 and8 too as 'night pants ' but haven't seen at the supermarket. Have you searched online?

Heirhelp Fri 04-Nov-16 16:38:41

Have you tried asking on the SEN board.

CaesiumTime Fri 04-Nov-16 16:42:22

Just buy adult XS - they are like pull ups. Tena Slips I think is what we used.

Fairylea Fri 04-Nov-16 16:43:32

My 4 year old son has asd and is still in nappies. We receive Libero size 7 nappies free from the continence team on the NHS in 3 monthly supplies. You can ask your health visitor for a referral to your continence team. You can also buy size 7 and size 8 nappies from Amazon.

ToujeoQueen Fri 04-Nov-16 16:44:09

Dry notes, go up to age 15.

mudandmayhem01 Fri 04-Nov-16 16:44:27

Pyjama pants or dry nites are available in most supermarkets in two sizes, the big ones are 8-15. My ds wore these til he was about 9. He also found it reassuring that other boys his age and older went through the same thing. They rarely leaked but are quite expensive, so I did reuse them for one night if they were dry.

ToujeoQueen Fri 04-Nov-16 16:44:58

That should be nites

dontcrynow Fri 04-Nov-16 16:47:06

Go to eric.org.ac.uk. they have lots of ptoducts. My dd wasn't dry at night until about 9-10 and I used to be in dispair because I couldnt get nappies to fit. Eventually I contacted our local incontinence clinic and the nurses there were fab in organising a regular (3 month) supply of washable pants.

captaincake Fri 04-Nov-16 17:18:23

I would try something like this www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IK03YXC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=

ThatsNotMyToddler Sat 05-Nov-16 05:15:21

Fairylea unless the op is missing important details a continence team referral would be completely inappropriate in this situation.

TheOnlyColditz Sat 05-Nov-16 05:30:24

You need pampers dri nites. The huggies version (with the superheroes etc) are shit

weepingwillows Tue 08-Nov-16 00:00:52

wow thank you so much guys. it appears I am not the only who has tried this. Had to wash sheets again today! I am going to try some of the suggestions. As far as I understand I should not start to worry yet as lots of boys still wet the bed at this age. However his nappy is never dry but full and wet the bed almost everyday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now