Talk

Advanced search

Toddler and four year old constantly fighting!

(3 Posts)
Theknittinggorilla Mon 31-Oct-16 19:54:16

Am at my wits end so hoping for some tips, or someone to tell me it's just a phase!

I have an almost four year old and a 20 month old, who at the moment are constantly fighting, mainly over the same toy. It's mainly caused by the younger one, who wants anything the older one has, even if it is exactly the same as something he has already. The older one is not mature enough to just give it up to keep the peace, and shouldn't have to anyway. Cue screaming and the toddler lashing out at the older one.

When they are separate they are great, and it's only fairly recent but its driving me insane! Not helped by the fact I am pregnant with number three so patience not at its highest.

Anyone have any tips, or more importantly can you tell me you had the same but the grew out of it? Am now feeling panicked about bringing another one into the mix if this carries on so want to try and improve thing before new baby arrives......

AmberEars Tue 01-Nov-16 07:03:05

Have you tried reading Siblings Without Rivalry? I haven't read it myself, but I've heard it's good, and it's by the same authors as the excellent How to Talk so Kids will Listen and Listen so Kids will Talk.

Theknittinggorilla Tue 01-Nov-16 12:17:45

Thans amber I will get a copy, need some tactics!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now