What is/was your 9 or 10 month old like?

(9 Posts)
Summerdays2014 Sun 30-Oct-16 19:20:13

Hi all,

I have a 9.5 month old son who learnt to crawl, pull up and cruise (pretty much all at once) a few weeks ago.

He is now ALWAYS on the go and moving around. He can't sit still and gets upset if I try to put him in his travel cot/car seat etc. He is always climbing up furniture/walls/me.

He has now stopped 'playing' with his toys. He just doesn't seem interested anymore and just pushes everything out of the way in his quest to move across the floor and climb. Nothing seems to hold his interest (apart from the tv remote, pulling my hair and taking off my glasses) He is no longer content to sit on my knee, bit does like being carried around so he can look at things.

Does this sound normal? My PIL came around today and commented on how he never stops moving and my husband asked if I was feeling him energy drinks (obviously a joke)

I know this will make me sound ridiculous but I worry that this enery means there is something wrong and he's hyperactive. Am I just being a crazy first time mum? Should he be building towers and spending lots of time playing with his toys? He seems very happy and smiley and is meeting all milestones. Interestingly pop up/lift the flap books hold his attention really well and we spend a lot of time looking at them.

Thank you in advance for any help (sorry it's so long!)

Marmalade85 Sun 30-Oct-16 19:22:49

Sounds exactly the same as my 10m old.

Stalkcackling Sun 30-Oct-16 19:23:30

Totally normal. If it helps my 3 year old is still constantly on the go. <bangs head against wall>

Excellentstick Sun 30-Oct-16 19:24:57

Completely normal and as Stalkcakling said above - mine are still like it years later haha. I hope you enjoyed the days of sitting down grin

Summerdays2014 Sun 30-Oct-16 19:25:04

Thank you marmalade.

Sleepysally Sun 30-Oct-16 19:34:13

You perfectly described my 9mo, the pulling my glasses off thing drives me bananas.

Summerdays2014 Sun 30-Oct-16 19:35:44

Thank you, I feel much better now. It's just been such a sudden change that I got a bit panicky! I'm already exhausted from chasing him and a nervous wreck from all the bumps and falls!

DownWithThisSortaThing Sun 30-Oct-16 19:36:45

Totally normal. Just curious and energetic. My 9 month old was the exact same, in fact he started walking at 9 months, cruising at 8 months... Expect first steps soon! ...

AmberEars Sun 30-Oct-16 19:37:15

My DC1 was exactly like this. He's now a healthy, sporty 10yo smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now