Talk

Advanced search

2.4 yo ds not having finger food

(5 Posts)
Paromitagos Fri 21-Oct-16 15:26:37

My ds 2.4 yrs old always have been fussy eater since he eats slowly. Offlate I cud see he s not interested in having finger foods as basic as biscuit ,potatoe wedges,can't cucumber which he used to have before. Even a couple of months back he was so fond of French fires. Is anything to b concerned ?i hve started to help in self feeding. He goes to nursery and has learned to hold spoon and eat by himself but wil only tek one or two spoon by himself thereby starting to play with the food and spoon. Plz help. He s my first and only dc

blueskyinmarch Fri 21-Oct-16 15:30:28

What sort of foods does he eat? Is he filling up on a lot of milk and maybe not hungry? At age 2.4 he really should be eating pretty much any kinds of food and eating it independently.

Paromitagos Fri 21-Oct-16 15:47:14

Nope he dusun eat independently. I never initiated though knowing the fact he teks 1-2 spoon by himself and then play with his meals. It keeps me worried that he wnt hve proper intake so I start feeding him. He is eating porridge with milk , rice with vegetables ,baked fish,boiled egg ,cous cous,rice noodles He do not take fried piece vegetables , foods which r mostly dried or nuts ,biscuits ,fruit chunks,chicken chunks etc

blueskyinmarch Fri 21-Oct-16 17:16:12

Do you let him just put his fingers in the food and let him eat it without having to use a spoon? You might be surprised how much he can eat that way. I would just keep offering him different types of finger foods. He will get it eventually. he may just be lazy as he knows that eventually you will soon the food in for him.

user1476140278 Sun 23-Oct-16 11:32:31

He won't starve if you leave him to it. It might be a cause for stress but you need to leave him to feed himself. He's not going to have the chance to develop the necessary coordination if he's fed at this age.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now