Talk

Advanced search

25 mth old doesn't say Mummy...

(4 Posts)
mrsgembles Thu 20-Oct-16 17:48:58

... or even 'Mama'. I'm a SAHM and it's breaking my heart! He has been slower with his speech, and we attended a drop in centre with a SALT who seemed of the opinion that he can speak, but just isn't because he doesn't really feel the need to. Over the last month he's improved a lot, he can say short phrases now like 'all gone', count to ten forwards and backwards and name all his farm animals - oh and he has been saying Daddy for well over six months. But never Mummy. Not a sausage. Any tips for getting him to say it?!

AmeliaJack Thu 20-Oct-16 17:51:13

Daddy is easier to say than mummy that's all it is. It's not personal
(Although I'm sure it feels it)

Lots of praise if he makes a mmmm sound. It will come in time.

uhoh2016 Thu 20-Oct-16 22:47:18

My ds is 21m he has quite a number of phrases/words but unfortunately mummy or mum or mama isn't 1 of them. He can however shout his grandparents next door neighbour name loud and flaming clear!

NickyEds Sat 22-Oct-16 22:12:47

It will come. My ds is speech delayed and is 2.10 years now and only named me about 3 months ago, I'm still not mummy but 'bubbie' which I think is quite cute. He could say daddy at one. As soon as he got a name for me he began bossing me around! "Bubby fix it!", "bubby cook it"!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now