Talk

Advanced search

Biting 15 month old....

(3 Posts)
KW89 Sat 15-Oct-16 20:22:57

DS2 is almost 15 months old.
Over the past few weeks he has started biting and it seems to be getting worse, to begin with he seemed to do it when he got excited, but tonight he was having a paddy because he didn't want to get dressed and bit me so hard on the arm that he has left a bruise! He has only ever bitten myself and his Dad, but I'm worried about it becoming more frequent, and him biting other people, I have no experience of this as DS1 has never bitten anybody.
At the moment I am just giving him a firm 'NO' and putting him down (if he's in my arms) so that he hasn't got my attention for it. He definately understands 'no'.
Has anyone any experience of biting around this age? What did you find was the best way to deal with it? I'm not sure of the best way to go about it with him being so young, but definately don't feel that biting is a behaviour that I can just ignore..
Thanks.

KW89 Sun 16-Oct-16 22:04:21

Anyone?

YokoWakarimasen Sun 16-Oct-16 22:07:57

No answer but sympathy, my ds is 15 months and he bites me. He seemr to think its funny. I tell him no but the damage is done.

tbh I think the best way is to see if you can spot the warning signs and distract if you can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now