Talk

Advanced search

Told my 6 week old looked bored!!

(12 Posts)
HannahLou85 Thu 13-Oct-16 23:55:05

Hi, I am a first time mum and had a stranger tell me that my 6 week old baby girl "looked bored" the other day, now I'm worried that I'm not entertaining her enough. She uses her play gym on a daily basis for some tummy time, we have lots of toys but she obviously doesn't really appreciate them much yet & we go out everyday to get fresh air etc. Is there anything I should be doing to entertain her? This strangers comment has made me worry that I'm not doing enough!!!! x

KP86 Fri 14-Oct-16 00:03:12

Stranger is an idiot. That is all.

Six week olds want to do nothing more than stare at their parents. It's all about bonding at that age.

waitingforsomething Fri 14-Oct-16 03:48:06

that stranger is ridiculous. 6 week olds sleep, feed, and look around a bit sometimes. They cannot do anything else and there's nothing you should do except take her for walks, wonder about with her, feed her and facilitate her sleep. Nothing for you to worry about at all.

HannahLou85 Fri 14-Oct-16 09:45:40

Phew!! Thanks ladies! I thought so, but just wanted some reassurance! x

MrsMac1397 Sat 15-Oct-16 09:37:30

sounds like your doing a fantastic job, I agree with the comments above. My Dd2 is 6 weeks old and all she wants to do is be cuddled, get milk and sleep.

AppleJac Sat 15-Oct-16 09:40:38

Some people are bloody stupid!

Why people feel the need to comment negatively on other people children i will never know!

FurryGiraffe Sat 15-Oct-16 09:43:51

Stranger is an idiot. If charitable I would say stranger has misinterpreted that glazed look babies get when they're tired.

backtowork2015 Sat 15-Oct-16 12:56:45

What a strange thing to say. Your baby's life has got to be a million times more stimulating than it was 7 weeks ago!

Smartleatherbag Sat 15-Oct-16 13:01:41

What a stupid comment! Your baby just wants to be cuddled, fed and talked to. I imagine you're doing a bloody great job.

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Sat 15-Oct-16 13:04:12

Don't all babies look bored?

Isn't that their 'look'?

ShinyDiscoBalls Sat 15-Oct-16 13:07:58

As if it isn't hard enough being a FTM without having idiots telling you rubbish like that!
Your baby is most definitely not bored, just most likely sleepy like they are constantly at that age! You're doing a fab job don't let anyone tell you any different

PotatoBread Sun 16-Oct-16 17:08:14

A stranger recently told me my baby looked too serious - she was 9 weeks old at the time grin Ignore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now