Help! Genius answer needed...

(7 Posts)
LaLoose Sat 08-Oct-16 09:55:59

What is the appropriate response to a seven-year-old boy who asks, while he has an erection: 'Mummy, what is my willy trying to tell me?' I have told him it's normal and it's just a sign that everything is working as it should be, but he keeps pressing me for an answer. I have distracted him for now, but need to be armed for the next time. (Surely seven is too young for The Talk?)

BertrandRussell Sat 08-Oct-16 10:02:54

If he's old enough to ask the questions he's old enough for proper answers.

"Boys and girls have different bodies because when they are grown up the do something called having sex. Do you know what that means?" Find out what he knows, and correct or add to whatever he knows already.

LaLoose Sat 08-Oct-16 10:08:51

Oh gawd. OK. Thanks.

BertrandRussell Sat 08-Oct-16 10:15:12

grin Sorry!

Good luck!

LaLoose Sat 08-Oct-16 10:21:30

I am being ridiculously sentimental, but he still has a scent of the nursery around him... and now this. Sob. wink

BertrandRussell Sat 08-Oct-16 11:29:52

I know! My 15 year old still sleeps with a teddy bear and sometimes
I creep into his room just to look. blush. I am utterly in denial about him shaving........
Just remember you can still be innocent without being ignorant. And good accurate sensible information from you is better than picking stuff up in the playground.

LaLoose Sun 09-Oct-16 17:13:00

Yes, you're completely right. I have girded my loins and am going in as soon as he gives me a cue.

Thanks BR

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now