Talk

Advanced search

4.5yo chewing clothes

(4 Posts)
mikado1 Wed 05-Oct-16 20:48:13

My ds has been chewing the neck and sleeves of his clothes for the last few weeks.. this has tied in with an eardrum perforation/infection and some separation anxiety settling into preschool. I am worried I havecdealt with the latter wrongly and now he's nervy/stressed? He is a thumb sucker so definitely a bit of an oral fixator anyway.. he changed preschool and went from pt to full time (3h mon-fri) and two weeks in, his friend went away and isn't back yet. Anyway we cajoled and distracted a bit, I empathise and reassured, arrived early at collection time but one morning the door was closed and he was reaching for me sad He didn't cry and the v experienced teacher has said he was immediately fine and sent a pic of him beaming a few mins later.. but he's still dawdling a little at the door and chewing a LOT.. Any advice/knowledge/similar experiences much appreciated.

donkir Wed 05-Oct-16 21:07:20

No advice on the behaviour aspect I'm afraid but I'd suggest having a look at a company called Chewigem who sell lots of different things to chew ranging from necklaces, bangles and fidget toys. They are on Facebook. I'm sure they'd also be able to offer lots of advice too.

mikado1 Wed 05-Oct-16 21:10:34

Thank you flowers He's usually really happy go lucky and Generally wants to go to things without me so am quite unnerved by this change. . People say I was right not to being him home or he'd never go in but I wonder.. Will look at their fb.

donkir Sat 15-Oct-16 16:17:42

How is your lo now op?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now