Talk

Advanced search

Pushing at Nursery

(12 Posts)
OneTreeHilled Mon 03-Oct-16 22:05:37

Hi all,
My eldest DS(2.5yrs old) started nursery at the beginning of September and has settled in well, loves playing and everything about it.
For a couple of weeks we have been getting told that he's been pushing kids thinking that he's playing. I explained that it's something that my son and his grandad do as a game, which I have stopped them both doing.
They have been putting him in time out and explaining it's wrong which I'm all for, and have done to same thing at home when he's pushed his brother (1yr old).
I've been told today that he's still doing this so they want to do a behaviour chart which I've agreed to, of course I want to know why he's doing this, but she said "we'll do that and take it from there" which I'm confused by. What exactly happens after this?
I must add that my son is so well behaved when he's home and out with myself and family. He has his moments but every toddler does. He's not a naughty child. He's a happy, funny, charming little boy and I don't want him being labelled naughty for a habit from a game with his grandad.
What do I do? And what should I expect after the behaviour chart has been done? I'm so worried. Please any advice would be great x

OneTreeHilled Mon 03-Oct-16 22:55:18

?

BarbLives Mon 03-Oct-16 23:00:01

What do you mean by behaviour chart? Are they going to monitored exactly what happens before, during and after the behaviour and see if there are any patterns/triggers?

OneTreeHilled Mon 03-Oct-16 23:07:01

Yeah that's what they're planning. I think his key worker (all kids have one at nursery) will follow him around while there and see what happens and why it happens. This is all new to me, and I don't have anyone with kids similar ages to ask. It's really getting me confused x

OneTreeHilled Tue 04-Oct-16 10:07:17

?

OneTreeHilled Tue 04-Oct-16 10:07:21

?

OneTreeHilled Tue 04-Oct-16 10:07:24

?

OneTreeHilled Tue 04-Oct-16 10:07:28

?

OneTreeHilled Tue 04-Oct-16 10:07:32

?

OneTreeHilled Tue 04-Oct-16 10:07:40

?

OneTreeHilled Tue 04-Oct-16 10:07:48

?

OneTreeHilled Tue 04-Oct-16 10:07:59

?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now