Talk

Advanced search

6 month old thinks he's friends with a chair

(14 Posts)
mummybear1003 Sun 02-Oct-16 09:59:47

My son has taken to smiling and laughing at his chair. It is a plain chair if this matters, no toys or anything on it. He does sit in it a fair bit while I'm tidying or cooking etc as he likes to see what I'm doing but I'm now genuinely a bit worried that he sees it as his friend or something? I've stopped putting him in it but he seems really stressed out by it.

QuiteLikely5 Sun 02-Oct-16 10:01:00

A six month old would not see a chair as a friend.

Try not to worry.

GiraffesAndButterflies Sun 02-Oct-16 10:02:10

Ah, bless you. He's fine. Get ready for him to laugh and smile at all sorts of random things and just enjoy his happiness!

Sleepybunny Sun 02-Oct-16 10:02:19

grin sorry but that's too cute

TeaPleaseLouise Sun 02-Oct-16 10:03:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Thingvellir Sun 02-Oct-16 10:03:14

He just likes the chair, nothing to worry about. Maybe he particularly enjoys the times with you when he's typically sat in it. I don't think 6 month olds can have friends, they just have happy feelings ( or not).

GiraffesAndButterflies Sun 02-Oct-16 10:03:52

Oh and when the opposite happens and he's weirdly freaked out by something perfectly normal, that's also fine wink

tappitytaptap Sun 02-Oct-16 10:08:53

My 6 month old talks to random objects too, I thought it was quite sweet. He is currently feeding and keeps saying 'broom broom' to the bedside table. I wouldn't worry too much OP. Think they are just developing their language skills.

rightguard Sun 02-Oct-16 10:48:18

My ds had a pet sock at that age. I wouldn't worry.

MessyBun247 Sun 02-Oct-16 10:54:02

My DD2 did that with the living room light. Smiled and babbled every time she looked at it. Doesnt do it anymore.

DrDiva Mon 03-Oct-16 03:32:06

My DS's friend was the door handle. It apparently told him the funniest jokes ever.

When he got to mobile age and we went away on holiday, on our return he would hug inanimate objects as he was so pleased to be home.

Tootsiepops Mon 03-Oct-16 03:45:15

The first thing my baby girl ever properly smiled at was a painting of two birds in our bedroom. She's 10 months now and is still quite fond of it.

WombOfOnesOwn Wed 05-Oct-16 21:35:21

When my DS was 4 weeks old all the way through about 6 months (he's 7 months now), he'd stare and coo and giggle at a crack of light that came through our bedroom curtains. When we moved him to his own room, he'd still coo and giggle at the crack of light whenever we brought him into ours for a minute. We refer to the crack as "[son's name]'s best friend."

Totally normal.

flipflopson5thavenue Thu 06-Oct-16 19:52:55

DS2 used to smile and laugh at the ceiling, and also into the middle distance a lot when he was a baby...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now