Talk

Advanced search

Bumbo

(11 Posts)
ghostspirit Sat 01-Oct-16 07:58:06

My son is almost 5 months. When he's in his baby chair he keeps leaning forward and his head ends up on the floor. So I bought a bumbo.

Are there pros and cons to a bumbo and if they should not be used are there any alternative.

WordGetsAround Sat 01-Oct-16 08:00:05

Mine loved the bumbo. Like just about everything, use it properly (supervised and not on a table) and there won't be any problems.

applecatchers36 Sat 01-Oct-16 08:04:06

Have a Bumboo and it's great for baby led weaning putting things on tray etc..

However a physiotherapist friend said she hates them as they are bad for babies posture / development not sure how true that is though? confused

MrsJamin Sat 01-Oct-16 08:05:09

He's five months, he doesn't need to be in a baby chair?

jessplussomeonenew Sat 01-Oct-16 08:08:07

I like this site - has some information from an occupational therapist on why the bumbo can be a bad idea and lots of ideas for alternatives: mamaot.com/better-than-a-bumbo-5-ways-to-support-a-wobbly-sitter/

ghostspirit Sat 01-Oct-16 08:14:05

mrs why not. If he's leaning to far forward in his chair and his head is touching the floor. ? Any suggestions what I could do

ghostspirit Sat 01-Oct-16 08:15:46

Oh sorry mrs I misread why does he not need to be in a baby chair though?

MrsJamin Sat 01-Oct-16 08:20:28

He's five months old, he should be lying down on his tummy or back? Why does he need to be in a chair? Propping a child up that's developmentally not able to sit unaided is a bad idea, sorry.

ghostspirit Sat 01-Oct-16 08:20:51

jess that is a good link. I will keep those seeking ideas for when he's ready. He will just flop forward if I use them now.

ghostspirit Sat 01-Oct-16 08:24:19

Oh yeah I get that. He does go on his tummy and back sometimes. But he does not always want to. He does need a chair of some sort for some of the time. At the moment the bumbo is only thing I can think to use to stop him leaning to far forward. Not all the time though

ghostspirit Sat 01-Oct-16 08:25:26

Oh and when I say baby chair I mean one suited from birth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now