Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

8 week immunisations

(6 Posts)
Carta60 Tue 27-Sep-16 19:02:51

Hi my DD had her 8 week jabs this afternoon. Given calpol as instructed she was very sleepy for first 4 hours. Then had a real crying episode, i gave the next calpol dose and she is taking breast feeds. I'm not overly worried but wondered if this sounds fairly normal: no temp at the moment

Idefix Tue 27-Sep-16 19:09:08

Sounds very typical. Mine were both very sensitive afterwards and fed more than usual.

gemsparkle84 Wed 28-Sep-16 13:27:23

My little girl had her 8 week injections, gave calpol, came home, slept for about 4 hours then woke, fed and was pretty normal if not just a bit unsettled. Sounds normal to me. Hope she's ok, I'm sure she will be xx

Sandsnake Wed 28-Sep-16 13:35:38

Sounds normal. The new Men B jab seems to really take it out of them at eight weeks. DS did nothing but sleep / cry for 24 hours. The second dose is at 16 weeks and in my / my friends' experience is nowhere near as bad.

scarednoob Wed 28-Sep-16 16:18:27

Yep, sounds absolutely normal! If she's covered up, just check the site of the jab - my DD's thigh swelled up and we didn't notice for a while as she was wearing a babygrow. We took her to hospital to be safe but it was nothing; in fact dr said it meant her immune system worked.

She breezed through the next 2 sets of jabs btw, so it seems it's only the 8 week ones that really take it out of them! Hope she manages to sleep soon.

Carta60 Thu 29-Sep-16 00:28:23

Thanks all. Slept well in between calpol doses, some crying but right as rain after 24 hours, usual smiley self by following afternoon smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now