I MADE YOU!!!

(9 Posts)
ktfs Fri 23-Sep-16 09:04:58

My 11yr dd has ALOT to learn.....we have never been 'soft' on her...that's not to say we keep her under the stairs by any means. She wants for nothing but we do have rules to stick to as does every one.....
But last night I finally used the reason to kill all arguments!!
'' aw mum that's not fair, what gives you the right to take away my phone??'
' I MADE YOU'
End of discussion!!

gamerchick Fri 23-Sep-16 09:06:36

Heh I use that one sometimes grin

I'm settling back now to see what po faced comments come out of that brew

ktfs Fri 23-Sep-16 09:09:27

no doubt it will make for interesting reading!!!!!
love a keyboard warrior!!

PurpleDaisies Fri 23-Sep-16 09:17:11

You say your daughter "has ALOT to learn". How does "I made you" help with anything other than blindly obeying you because you're her mum?

Why were you taking her phone away? I agree there's a place for saying those are the rules and that's it but aged 11 I'd expect you'd have more success if you treated your daughter with a bit more respect and explained why it has to be like that.

Disagreeing with someone doesn't make you a "po faced keyboard warrior". confused

eatsleephockeyrepeat Fri 23-Sep-16 09:18:06

Yessssss, that's a good 'un :D

Be prepared though, I was a pretty horrible teen. When my mum pointed out how selfish and unpleasant I was I screamed back "Well it's either nature or it's nurture and they're BOTH YOUR FAULT!!".

I feel bad about that to this day because I know it really upset her. But yeah, look out for that one. I think you've got a few years yet smile

ktfs Fri 23-Sep-16 09:31:01

' I made you' means I make the rules and I decide the punishment.
We agree on the rules and the punishments before hand in our house and if you don't stick to them you have to suffer the consequences that way if you don't like it, learn not to do it again-simple!
its along the lines as 'because I said so' but works better
She is a preteen who thinks she knows everything so by 'has a lot to learn' what I mean is she thinks she knows everything and doesn't realize that I have been there and done that way before her, I know how her mind works and I KNOW BEST!
I treat my daughter with tonnes of respect a lot more than she does me sometimes.....when you are knee deep in a discussion where she is shouting at me with not an ounce of respect because she feels im being unfair then I will pull out the card that puts a stop to it. She cannot argue with it because she knows I am where the buck stops.
I very rarely use it....actually I have probably only ever used it twice before ...thereby she knows I mean business.

ktfs Fri 23-Sep-16 09:32:01

suffer the consequences sounds wrong actually.......take the punishment is a better way of putting it!

MeeWhoo Fri 23-Sep-16 09:33:07

Wait a couple of years and she will reply something along the lines that your lack of contraceptive measures was not her responsibility.. .

InsaneDame Fri 23-Sep-16 16:39:36

Or wait for the 'I didn't ask to be born!' line.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now