10 month old bites me - help!!

(5 Posts)
Rainydayzandmondays13 Sun 11-Sep-16 20:34:32

Hi

In need of a bit of help. My lb is 10 months old and for a month he's been biting me. Seems whenever I am near enough he goes for me

I have been saying 'no' to him and putting him down when he bites, but this method doesn't seem to be working.

Is there anything else I can do? I would really love some advice. I'm literally covered in bruises. Thank you smile

ChristianGreysAnatomy Sun 11-Sep-16 20:40:25

Put him down, say "no biting" really firmly and also turn your back? ? Mine bit me as a way of showing a wierd mix of love and possession. I was bruised too. Eventually time passed and he stopped.

When he got to aged two ish he bit one other kid, once, and about a dozen times bit his sister. That was a completely different type of bite and he got an age appropriate reaction. But he didn't ever become a serial biter.

Rainydayzandmondays13 Mon 12-Sep-16 09:31:24

That's great thank you. I always put him down but never turn my back so I'll give that a go.

That's what worries me that'll he go around biting other babies etc. So hopefully I'll be able to nip it in the bud

scarednoob Mon 12-Sep-16 13:24:52

DD has just started this. Usually as part of a cuddle so I think she might think she is kissing me! Or maybe I am kidding myself...

Anyway I read an article that said not to walk away from them as they will see it as abandonment and not understand. Instead it said to cry, because even little babies understand crying. Not sure if it will work but I am trying that next time those 8 little gnashers get near me! Good luck!

ChristianGreysAnatomy Mon 12-Sep-16 14:02:44

Yes, what I was clumsily trying to say was that biting me didn't translate into biting other kids.

I tried the crying thing. It didn't seem to make a difference in my case but it's got to be worth a try. Tbh probably the only thing that "worked" was time passing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now