Talk

Advanced search

I'm loosing my mind!!!

(4 Posts)
MumToBe2015R Fri 02-Sep-16 00:16:18

Is something wrong with my LO?

He's just gone 12m, I feel he's more like a 2yr old with all the terrible 2s! So he wakes up in the morning & is full of energy, after breakfast (just about eats it, wants to get out of the highchair) he ends up throwing around his toys, boys, jumping on sofas, banging on windows!! I'm constantly having to watch over him, if he does something wrong, I tell him 'NO' he then fights back & screams at me by pointing his finger at me, or has a meltdown where he will pick one of his toys and throw it across the room in anger & come to slap me. Where has this all come from? Is it just normal? Is he being boystrious?

When we go out he doesn't like it, especially if I need to pick up a few bits from a supermarket. He'll just scream/shout (it's even scared other customers) embarressing and want to get out of the trolley/pushchair!

What do I do????? Help??? I'm scared if I find out he's got a condition like adhd (been reading about that) could it be? Or is this just normal for a boy?

I really wanted to have another baby but after him I don't think so. Really don't want him to be alone either...

purpleme12 Fri 02-Sep-16 00:23:21

I think it's normal. I have a girl who was/is very active and wouldn't be occupied by her toys at all and played up. I coped with it by going out with her as much as I could walks, playground, anything. And getting through the days. It was hard. It was a long phase but she did get better. She needed my attention all the time i gave her and it she did become more enjoyable in the end.

MumToBe2015R Fri 02-Sep-16 16:30:58

Thank you purpleme since your message this morning, ive given him my full attention & not done nothing else, he's touchwood been better. Not aggressive, he's wanting to play, for me to read him books. He's been a happy baby! Not had a day like this for a while.

Cloeexo27 Sun 04-Sep-16 09:42:52

Sounds exactly like my little girl, she's 16 months old and this started after she turned 1.. She's not always like it but the last few weeks she has been more than ever! It seems sges only happy doing what she wants to do as everyone tells me it's a phase, perfectly normal and they will grow out of it! I hope there right as its extremely hard! I was the same as you.. Wanting another but this behaviour is more than enough to change that! shock good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now