Talk

Advanced search

Ds 8 just said f**ksake twice :-0 ......

(6 Posts)
Dickorydockwhatthe Wed 31-Aug-16 11:29:30

To be fair ds 11 had smacked him across the bum whilst they were dressing leaving a bug hand print which caused ds to shout the f word whilst crying. Obviously I've just gave ds 11 a bollocking for hitting his brother and have spoke to ds 8 telling I never want to hear that word from his mouth again!!! How do you handle swearing in your family??? Ds 11 always says his friends swear and is almost shocked whereas ds 8 laughs at naughty words on the radio during songs and seems to pick things up a lot quicker then his older brother!!!

VioletBam Wed 31-Aug-16 11:40:44

Well. I struggle a bit with swearing because in my heart I know they're only words....but I hate hearing them spoken by kids or in front of them.

You could demystify it all a bit by explaining about the history of language and where these old, dirty words come from to DS.

And when he next swears put his pocket money in a charity box.

Dickorydockwhatthe Wed 31-Aug-16 11:46:54

Yes that's sounds like a good idea and hopefully will put him off!!! It just sounded horrible hearing it from his mouth. I guess he has probably started swearing in school now with his friends so slipped out but still. I have a mum on my FB page who posted a video of her ds 11 using the f word who obviously finds it hilarious!!!

BestBerkleyBee Wed 31-Aug-16 21:01:12

Find out where he learned it from

albertcampionscat Wed 31-Aug-16 22:45:38

Ignore it and/or say 'oh dear that's a bit silly'. It's only swearing.

AnnieOnAMapleLeaf Wed 31-Aug-16 22:48:56

Do you mean fucksake? You can swear on MN, you know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now